In-person worship returning June 7th
*** UPDATED 5/19/2020 ***
We are excited to announce that we are planning to assemble for worship at the building on Sunday morning, June 7 at 10:00 AM. We understand that it may be some time before things get back to normal, but we are hopeful that this is a step in the right direction.
Below are guidelines regarding the June 7 assembly, and the steps being taken to keep everyone healthy, while allowing us to worship God together. Please read the guidelines carefully.Because of the social distancing protocols, we are limited as to the number of people in the auditorium at one time. To help determine if a second service is needed, we will need to get a headcount. You will soon be contacted by a shepherd or a deacon, who will answer any questions you have. Please be ready to let them know if you are planning to attend the 10:00 AM service at the building, on June 7.
- The worship assembly will be at 10:00 AM. This will be broadcast on Facebook/YouTube for those at home.
- Our Zoom Bible class will be Sunday afternoon at 4:00 PM.
- Older members, people with disabilities, people with serious respiratory or cardiovascular conditions, and people who are immunocompromised are encouraged not to gather in person at this time. For now, please participate virtually.
- Those with children too small to wear face coverings are also encouraged to remain at home and take advantage of the online service.
- Please stay at home if you have a fever or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- Deacons will be wearing a face covering and will help maintain spacing and prevent the touching of doors as we enter the building. Please arrive 15-20 minutes before the assembly to maintain social distancing as we enter.
- Everyone is asked to wear a face covering while in the building. Face coverings will be provided for those who need them. They are not to be returned or used by more than one person.
- As you enter the building, please pick up the individual communion sets you will need, along with a zip lock bag for disposal. A waste basket will be located at each door for disposal of the zip lock bag after the service.
- The doors at the back of the auditorium will always remain open to eliminate touching.
- Initially, our assemblies will be limited to approximately 125 people. If our number exceeds that, we will have two separate services.
- The pews will be marked, designating where seating is allowed. The deacons will assist with the seating of each family unit.
- To help maintain social distancing, please be seated by family unit beginning in the pews at the front and working back.
- Offerings can be left in the plates in the lobby and near the side entrance.
- The restrooms will be available if needed, but due to their size, we discourage their use.
- Hand sanitizer will be conveniently located in the building. You are encouraged to bring your own sanitizer as well.
- The water fountains will not be available for use. Please bring water if needed.
- Only 2 men will be in the control room.
- At the end of the service, the deacons will assist with dismissal, which will be by rows from the back to the front.
- After services, please leave the building and do not linger in the lobby or the auditorium.
- We will not be singing in the auditorium, but following the services everyone is invited to a singing in the parking lot. Copies of songs will be handed out.
- For now, we will not be meeting at the building on Wednesday nights. We are planning to have the summer series and the lessons will be available online.
Isaiah 26:4 “Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.”